If you have had an illness, accident or have just come home from hospital, you might find certain tasks difficult. Our reablement service is aimed to get you back on your feet and support you to regain and maintain independence.
Our reablement service provides short term care and support by working with adults in their own home to facilitate early hospital discharge, provide rehabilitation and prevent hospital admissions.
We will arrange support in your home to help you regain confidence and ability in carrying out daily living tasks, such as:
- Washing, dressing, bathing, showering, getting up and going to bed
- Using the toilet or commode and emptying and cleaning the commode
- Preparing meals, a balanced diet or support with a specified diet
- Carrying out primary health care tasks,
- Exercises and mobility practice to regain confidence
- Identifying local community services
- Other specific tasks identified within your personalised reablement plan
The amount of help needed varies with each person and their circumstances. You might need only a few visits a week or several visits a day. Over a period of up to several weeks, the amount of help you need should reduce quickly, as your confidence and ability improves.